Visualize the Data
Geographic Services, Inc. (GSI) began as a small group of highly experienced GIS experts and geographic names specialists. Today, our cutting edge GIS technical ability and geographic names expertise is second to none.
Geographic Information System
Our proprietary data products are based on a dynamic geographic information system (GIS) data collection that captures, manages, analyzes, and displays geographic data for informed decision-making. The data access provided and the geographic context conveyed through our product’s GIS format is both a unique and crucial component for field use.
Our GIS capabilities include:
- Geographic database construction and maintenance
- Feature extraction
- Administrative boundary extraction
- Satellite imagery analysis
- Sociocultural data analysis
- Image city map (ICM) analysis
- Geographic names analysis
The ability to identify places on a map, or “geographic naming,” remains one of the core aspects of geographic knowledge. Geographic Services, Inc.’s (GSI’s) knowledge of geographic names is unparalleled. Our expertise goes back to 2002, when GSI was first founded as a geographic names analysis company.
Over the years we have developed one of the most in-depth and extensive databases of geographic names, covering the Middle East and Africa as well as other high risk areas of the world. Name, type, and location of every geographic feature is provided, along with standardized Roman-script, native-script and variant-script spellings.
Our current geographic names capabilities include:
- Assessing sources based on authority, currency, scale, extent of coverage, and content
- Evaluating existing geographic names databases
- Identifying features requiring U.S. Board of Geographic Names (USBGN) Foreign Names Committee (FNC) approval
- Standardizing geographic names and associated feature data
- Translating and transliterating native names
- Applying proper Romanization systems
- Analyzing ambiguous information for precise locations
- Following ISO 9001:2008 compliant quality assurance procedures