Gain Insight into Cultural Landscapes
Our flagship product, Human Atlas™, is an innovative proprietary database that integrates a wide range of geospatial, linguistic and sociocultural data. Intuitive and easy to use, it provides clients with an in-depth understanding of the cultural landscape. Field operators use Human Atlas to identify and analyze tribal locations, leadership, religious affiliations, social networks, and other key factors. This valuable information is crucial to helping them make the most informed decisions possible on a day-to-day basis.
Data You Can Rely On
|Captured as area features (i.e., polygons), our data shows precise and accurate locations of family groups including social hierarchies, key leaders (e.g., sheiks), prominent figures, language, ethnicity, religion, and our innovative level of influence assessment. The data includes both English (Romanized) and native script.
Collecting massive amounts of linguistic and sociocultural data is a manually intensive process that we have refined and perfected through the introduction of our own technology over the years. Our highly skilled research team gathers information from as many original sources as possible to ensure reliability and accuracy, and all of our data is validated for authenticity before it is allowed into one of our Human Atlas databases.
Geographic Services, Inc. (GSI) offers sociocultural data scaled at regional, national and inner city levels. At the regional level, our data allows users to analyze human patterns that correlate with linguistics, religious or sociocultural groupings across borders. Nationally-based data provides insight on relevant local political and societal structures. Inner-city data includes features such as neighborhoods, zoning, business type and ownership data and sociocultural distribution.
Key Features and Benefits
- Local and Regional Hierarchies — Our data reveals power structures, whether tribal, economic, or military.
- Detailed — While Human Geography data is often at the country or city level, our datasets are captured down to the street level.
- Rich Attributes — Information captured includes hierarchy (e.g., tribe, family), ethnicity, language, sheiks, location, prominent figures, and level of influence.
- Easy to Integrate — Our geospatial database format allows for easy integration into your system of choice.
- Vetted Open Source — Our data is based on current open source research usually in the native language and always checked against at least two sources.
- Multi-lingual — Our datasets include native language, Romanized, and English text.
- Geographic Names Integration — We update and integrate Geographic Names Database information into the database ensuring accurate place names.
- Integrated Phonetic Search — Integrated with our data, our Dataflex product uses proprietary searching algorithms based on word pronunciation, returning names that include near-synonyms.
Available Human Atlas® Products
- South Kivu Province, Democratic Republic of Congo
GSI, along with its partners, is always researching new areas and updating its current inventory. See the Point of View page for additional research areas.