At Geographic Services, Inc., we design our data products to be fast, efficient and easy to use. For users who may not have extensive contextual knowledge of the country or region encompassed in their Human Atlas™ database, we offer background training to ensure they get the most out of their products.
Human Atlas Background Training
Our training materials are built around each individual Human Atlas product. We provide general background information on the product to familiarize users with the country and increase their situational awareness and analytical capabilities.
The focus of the training is on the human terrain and sociocultural aspects of the country. The training is ideal for junior and journeyman analysts of various technical, business, and military backgrounds with minimal knowledge of the country.
The training consists of the preparation and delivery of a MS PowerPoint presentation and 24 hours of associated training from GSI’s subject matter experts.
Human Atlas training consists of the following topics:
- Brief history of the country and its formation
- Brief human terrain discussion on various ethnicities/tribal affiliations
- Socio-cultural aspects of the tribes/major factions
- Religious affiliations of the tribes/factions
- Current political structure
- Current opposition groups to the government
- Discussion on terrorism events/actors within the country that are related
- International security interests in the country or region
- International government and non-government organizations in the country
- Security agreements
- Arms transfers and training
- Closest political, military, and economic allies/partners
- General infrastructure (road network, bridges, communications, ports, airports/air strips, etc)
- Geography and weather
- Major cities, border countries, etc.
- Mountains, hills, rivers, defined geographic features, etc.
- Seasonal highlights, cloud cover percentage, prevailing winds, wind storms, rainy season, seasonal day light/night time patterns